Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Day 2 of Year New

Yesterday I had a day off! It was awesome. Been quite a while since that happened and I loved it!

So here's what happended: I spent the morning composing the music for JoAnn's prayer Welcome Guest.

Then I went over to Doris and John's house at 1pm for a visit. Doris is the secretary for the Diocesan Music Office, and also a member of the parish where I am currently subbing. She is also on the search committee and we have gotten to be friends over the last 3 months. This Sunday we are planning a meeting to discuss the possibility of expanding the open position to a full time position. The pastor and the worship committee are open to the idea, and now the finance committee just needs to be convinced. I proposed that they give it a year and decide whether or not they think it worth the investment. Of course, knowing the potential of a good music program to invest parishioners on deeper levels, and create a new dimension both psychically and spiritually for the parish and its members, I feel that success will ensue.

After the visit to Doris' I went to mom's where Sue had prepared the traditional pork and saurkraut for dinner. It is so good to be home!

++++++++++++

Time to say goodbye to wreckless abandon in the sweets department, so I took this picture, showing two of my favorite foods: music for the soul, and chocolate for the palate. Time to take a break from the chocolate. It starts to define one's life when wrecklessly indulged. So does music, but music does not poison the system like chocolate does. Or something like that....

As always......I'll keep you posted

No comments: