Monday, November 12, 2007

Well we're goin....

Talked with Donna B last night and we are definitely going to Sanctus Real. Actually, Steven Curtis Chapman will be performing too, but, I won't complain about that; however, he would most likely see himself as the main attraction. It was a fluke that I remembered, but remember, I did. It was during a telephone chat that as we were setting up a day into the weeke when we could get together to share a meal. Then as we were planning and I was checking the wee's work schedule which had just come out that day, it turned out that I was off on Wednesday the 14th, and lo and behold, the angels within tapped me on the shoulder and reminded me that the boys would be a Orchard Hill Church on the bill with Steven CC, so in a moment of 'aha!!!' we decided that we would hit a restaurant then attend the concert. Donna has not experienced SR, but she knows SCC from our days when I was music minister at St Phil's and we would do weddings....we would often do SCC's "I Will Be Here". After making the plan I got off the phone and immediately called Janet (she was not home) to see if she wanted to join in the festivities. I went ahead and ordered a ticket for her anyway; if she can't get out of 'choir practice', then I will just try to sell the third ticket under cost when I get there, or maybe find someone else in the meantime to go with us.

So that's that.

On other fronts, next Sunday will be a very busy day, because I got 2 more church gigs to play. The amazing things is that they both fit into the schedule: one of them is a 10:30am at Emmanuel Lutheran in Elliot, then a nooner at St Phil's (yes, the new guy for some reason felt a nudge to ask for my sub services.) Well, so much for a day of rest.

Now I am getting ready to drive Sue to work, and I'll be off to Mary Alice's to help her out this morning till 10:30am. My work schedule starts at noon today, which is a bit earlier than the usual 2pm starting time. You never know with that work schedule what's going to happen.

Ciao for now.....

No comments: