Thursday, October 25, 2007

I GET to go to work today!

Yesterday the store manager was in and I spent a bunch of time studying the employee 'bible'. There are 8 sections with tons of 'how to' info, and a quiz at the end of each section. Hahaha!

This company is awesome in that it takes very seriously the formation of its associates. And it makes sense that they would do that, becuase it really raises the level of an employee form that of being merely a clerk to actually being a sales consultant. I love that term. I am a waste disposal engineer (ie garbage man). Haha.

At any rate, I am learning more about the keyboard department since that will be my gig: keyboard consultant. Hey, you wanna buy a keyboard ?...., um er, rather, hey you WANNA buy a keyboard.

So I am rather excited to go an learn more and eventually get onto the floor meeting prospective customers. But first I need to really learn about the products so I can have the best info at hand. Guitar Centers really takes seriously its integrity and sincerety values, so I have a great deal of respect for a company that does not want to consume the consumer, although there is a bit of manipulation that goes with being a 'salesman'. But that's where the difference lies with this company. This company is really offering its customers a way of achieving their vision and dream for their own penchant for musical expression, so they are not trying to give people something they don't need or want. Delightful!

Also, in the drama of yesterday, I wanted to try to continue to remain faithful to my plasma donation, but I went right away at 7am when the doors opened, and I was still 10th in line! By the time I got outta there I had just enough time to drive to work, and got there with only 3 minutes to spare. I don't like that! I am usually at least 1/2 hour to 15 minutes early. So I am going to have to rethink donating plasma twice weekly.

Well, I gotta go get ready for work; more updates to follow.

No comments: