Friday, September 28, 2007

2nd Interview at Guitar World

Well they called me for another interview yesterday so we arranged to meet at 7pm.
OMG, when I arrived to speak w/ 'Dave' it turned out that he and I were in Chamber Singers at Duquesne back in the day.
So we talked for an hour (he did most of the rambling). Do salesman like to talk? Well, duh? I'll fit right in...that is, if they desire to hire me. I am still very much excited about this new work prospect.

In the meantime......St Philip....hmmm...... I think the pastor has decided that he does not like me, and I think that is because I am so confident in what I do. Some people are threatened by confidence. At any rate, I have pretty much decided that I definitely DO NOT need to return to a permanent gig in this field.

So, after the interview with Dave, he said they would be calling me either way sometime in the next coupla days......I hate that.....I mean should I continue to search? Or just trust that one of the options that have presented themselves thus far will pan out?

Since I have taken the leap, I feel more and more like just like another anonymous possibility in an overpopulated world of nobody's wanting desparately to express their 'somebody-ness'.

And as I find myself in between chapters, I realize more and more that the whole work ethic thing is less about making cash than it is about generating social currency. In previous chapters of my life, I went to great lengths to fit into a certain culture, and I poured all my resources into creating an arena where that would happen. Then I realized I was trapped in someone else's nightmare. Today I sit pondering the steps I took to realize my position there.

Well, I had to walk away, and so for today I am waiting in this nowhere space....this limbo......waiting to see who will emerge.

What's that sound?

That's the sound of waiting......... for the phone to ring.......

No comments: