Thursday, September 27, 2007

Latest Developments in the Job quest

So here's the update on what's happening in the world of ron:

Been looking for jobs for the past week or so.

I was waiting to see what was going to happen with the St Phil's gig, but my instincts about that situation have not been good. It just does not seen right that I remain in church music.

So I have been pursuing other possibilities. I even considered doing anything outside of music [I know......imagine THAT! ] However, I feel strongly that God is calling me to remain in the area of my particular skills.

Along those lines the other day, I found a job listing for this business:









I am extremely excited about the prospect of working in a totally different type of environment. Imagine me in sales! So I went to their website and they require a pre-screening application be filled out on line. So I did that, and yesterday, received an email inviting me to fill out an official application for employment, and to return it to the store. So I did that, and the person I was to return it to ws not there to take it, so I left it and went home.

Well about 1-ish they called and asked that I come for am interview, so I did and I spoke with two managers. I love the idea of working with this team. I have another interview pending with the quy who has the power to hire, and should be hearing from him today. I'll keep you posted.

So far, here is what I have done to get employed:
Placed an application at Allegheny Valley School; found an ad in the paper for 3rd shift Direct Care worker. I had already done that years ago, and thought that that would be a great extra job to do in tandem with the St Philip gig. Well, I interviewed for that and they told me unfortunately that they had the quota for males filled at the time, but asked if I was interested in possible work in the future, should the opportunity arise (there is always turnover in this field). I said I was, but that was before the 'Guitar Center' possibility.

Along other lines, yesterday also, I found an ad for people interested in pursuing home business opportunities. I filled out an on-line application to receive info about that. Now that seems like a pretty lucrative field. I started receiving calls and emails immediately. Problem is, you need to make an investment to begin to participate. That's not possible for me right now, so I politely and graciously decline.

Looks like the Guitar Center gig has captured my interest, but I will keep you posted on the outcome of today's developments.

No comments: