Saturday, December 8, 2007

Feeling the chaos

Am I intuitive or paranoid? or both?

After dealing the past couple of days at work with the usual midweek inventory routine, I am begining to wonder..... I have concluded that the conglomerate stress is something that I am sensitive to, and while I try to remain objective about it as I navigate the tension of the moment, it invariably leaves me wearing it to some degree or other.

For instance, this past week, this job just seemd to suck, and I was starting to think in other directions; then yesterday I go in to work and had a good day with sales (I actually sold some things when I was not even there!). Also, the operations guy pulls me into his office to thank me for the great job I do keeping the keys room stocked and pop'd and merch'd so nicely. It seems even HIS boss noticed how easy I make it to do inventory there. Whoduh thunk it? I just figured I was giving my inner OCD free reign. One man's floor is another man's ceiling.

So for today, I am actually looking forward to going in and working with people who, over the next couple of weeks will begin to get squirrel-ier and squirrel-ier as they frantically try to complete their xmas shopping. This past week I spent time with a lot of different people who were on the lookout for bargains in the keyboard department, and since we have a 10% off sale this weekend, they are going to come in and make their purchases. Trouble is I am off on Sundays, so I gave them my card and wrote on the back of it the items we had discussed in which they were interested. So that way at least I will get a cut of the commission.

Oh yeah I have to write about what an ass Steven is and how he screwed up a sale I had set up (come to think of it, he does that A LOT, but I gotta head on to work, sans paranoia.

I'll catch up later with you.

.

No comments: