Thursday, December 20, 2007

More daze

OK, I have made some other decisions which I started to put into motion. But first I want to talk about my Xian encounter on Tuesday. I love him with all my heart....he is my son. i was working and turned around and had a moment of incredible disblief as I saw him standing there. It was surreal; definitely a New Slang moment. I know exactly what James Mercer means by that song title, because I have been to that mountain.... like discovering 'dirt in your fries'. In that short moment of unsolicited and surprise discovery, your perception bounces into a new dimension, the sense of temporal sequence is sharply interrupted, you are immediately, without resolution or temporal synthesis thrust into a place unfettered by the context of approximate time and space. Your reaction and response to such an experience can only be a new utterance, which issues forth from your face, un-meditated: 'What the fuck?', or, in the 60's it was 'far out man!' or some other totally original word phrase. Kinda like Jesus, was God's new slang, a logos uttered from all eternity [come to think of it, so are you and I.....].

Anyway, where was I? Oh, yeah, I was working with a customer, and I turned around and Xian was standing there with his shit-eating grin, and nothing else mattered any longer. Cool how one shows up in a moment of disarmament. Anyhow, after I rang out the customer, we made plans to finally get to see the "Bodies" at the science center. I am going to go over to his place after my morning service at Ressi, and after I meet with a bride whose wedding I will play in January. Then we will go grab some breakfast; he later texted me that he ordered tickets on-line for 12pm. So we are a-going.

Also, I stopped in to talk with Jason at Sheetz, and have to go in for the computer exam, and the urine test AGAIN, since 60 days had lapsed since my last attempt at employment there.
The next new thing I did was to talk with Doris, the contact person for the search committee at Ressi. I told her I would do the job for full-time pay with benefits, and gave a quick and dirty explanation of what they could expect in return. Between the two jobs, I will be doing quite well financially, and will soon be able to have the dental work completed. Also, I can help Xian with his school finances. Oh, yes....he is going to start at CCAC soon.

OK, what else......oh yeah, with all of this new direction, one needs to have a vehicle to make the trip, so I went online last night and looked into a getting a car, so I filled out the application and this morning Brock from Crivelli's called. I am hopefully soon to be the owner of a new aveo5 ls. I just can't expect Suzie's wheels to be available for all the running around I have to do once I begin the new jobs. So today is the day I should find out about the car, and tomorrow is the day I will do the Sheetz thing. There you have it....my life in a nutshell.

No comments: