Monday, December 24, 2007

Tis the season....


Yesterday was quite the busy day.

First off, I want to send a big hug to Wendy for the awesome swarovski crystal gift received Saturday sometime around 11pm when I arrived home from work. [sheeesh!] Here it is, the latest addition to the ever evolving collection. It is exquisite and I love it!

Then, the next morning after the 8:30am liturgy at Ressi, I met with a bride whose wedding I will be playing in January. Following that, I went over to Xian and Angela's apartment. Chris played for me the rough drafts of the songs for his new CD, and they are really incredible. All he has down so far is the drums and guitar lines, but it is very reminiscent of the style of 'Yes' in its rhetorical form. He is truly a phenomonal musician. i am not just saying that because I am his father either. You can check out some of the old music here.


Well, after listening we went to see the 'Bodies' exhibit at the Science Center, and that was a powerful experience. If the exhibit comes to your area you should go.....if only to be in the same room with a bunch of people oogling the the penises and vaginas, checking out with squinting eyes to see if, finally, in daylight, they could find the clitoris and g-spot for future reference.

Then about 2pm we flew out of there to meet daughter Mandy and her partner Tonya at LuLu's on Craig street. many always did like those more exotic eatery. We enjoyed a nice Asian meal and of course I got 10 star hot, which still was not hot enough. I am a bit sad because my other daughter Sarah had another plan and would not be there to share a moment of togetherness. I snapped this photo and caught Mandy mid word, but Tonya took a picture of Mandy Xian and I, which she promises to email me once they get back to Maryland. I'll post that later.

So, after that, Chris and I drove over to REI to pick up a sleeping bag for Angela and I took him back home so I could get horizontal for an hour before going back to play the evening service at 6:30pm.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I took my laptop and keyboard controller to the church gig and ran it through the little mixing board, adding a new sound perspective: the organ coming from its main source in the rear of the church, and the synth sound coming through the main house speaker. I used the english horn on the hymn 'Lo! How a Rose E're Blooming' and the good folks were mesmerized. The pastor loved it. Larry the kind gentleman who is always showering me with kudos for a inspiring job well done, came up to the loft to once again compliment me, and the conversation flowed toward the topic of the job opening. I told him that I applied for it as a full time position, and that the worship comittee was interested in the idea, and that it just had to get past the finance comittee, and Larry said, well guess who is the finance committee? That was hilarious; it is him! Ha ha! It will just be a matter of time before my life takes yet another direction and I will soon be working with a wonderful pastor, in a parish community that is ripe for a new 'Resurrection'. We will make a great team.

Today I work for only 6 hours, from noon till 6pm, then I am off till Wednesday (except for playing the 8:30am service on xmas day.

No comments: