Friday, October 5, 2007

Busy-ness

Well yesterday I heard from one of the on-line teaching companies that I applied to sub-contract students. It seems like a very cool venture. I jumped thru their hoops, phone interview etc and sent in the completed application. Went to their website to check out what jobs were available and only saw one potential.

Then I picked Sue up from work and we went out to mom's and while there I made a flyer for prospective students and put it up in the local Shop 'n Save. My original plan was to canvas all the local grocery stores in Kenmore, Imperial, Greetree Crafton and put up signs with tear-off coupons. However, I found as went to these different places of busy-ness that they no longer offer the public bulletin boards. Hmmmm....now what.

So this morning I spent about three hours posting ads in the City Paper, Craig's List, Post Gazette (that starts tomorrow for 2 weeks). We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I need to send out transcript requests to Duquesne and U of MN which I have to send in with my application for subcontracting work with Top Notch, another on-line teaching services provider. They also require background check so there is another form to fill out. Busy-ness!

That's my plan for today.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

.....

No comments: