Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Plasmacity again

So i went today for my 3rd time donating plasma. I am beginning to believe that it's best to go as early as possible; the earlier you go, the less of a wait time. I plan to go again on Saturday, and to be there close to 7:00am when they open.

On other fronts, I went yesterday to Guitar Center to fill out my HR info, and got my employee handbook, and so I am officially employed! Yea me! Now I just need to wait until Chuck, the manager calls me, and gets me on the schedule. Dave, the ass man [associate manager.... I couldn't resist...when will I grow UP!???] told me yesterday that they would give me a call and I should be on the schedule by Monday or Tuesday. They have to get my info keyed into the time clock. I have not punched a clock for 22 years!!!! My work in music ministry has always been salaried.

Along the lines of revisiting the past, while I was in the plasma chair just cogitating away, I was looking all around at the flurry of activity, and noticing the diversity and variety of peoples; their differences and similarities, and recognizing how each one of us is a unique world unto ourselves. What a blessing to be able to love each and all of creation without prejudice. I now accept this ability as a gift, a talent, no less a gift than is a musical talent, or a talent for crunching numbers, decorating interiors and so on. I love loving people without fear; caring about them, and feeling deeply for them without regard to their shape, class, color, race, orientation and all the rest. To see them as uniquely individual, and as being the most important creation ever made.

........


No comments: