Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Off today

Finally arrived at a day off, after 7 days of the new job.

Yesterday kinda wore me out, because I spent 3 hours with Mary Alice, then went to work getting home about 9:30pm.

But yesterday I sold my first larger item, the dbx fast track eq/compression system. It was a pretty easy sell, because the guy who bought it came in knowing what he wanted. Along with that however, I also took several phone calls, and researched a lot of inventory for customers who were calling to inquire about things, and spent time with customers talking about the various differences between keyboards, synths and workstations. I also spent a bunch of time re-merchandising the floor organizing the synths into companies: Roland, Korg, Yamaha. I did a bit of research on these companies as well and found out that they are all, I repeat ALL Japanese companies. Where the hell would we be without the huge musical market potential this culture has introduced????

Along other lines, I passed my Keyboard/Recording Certification Exam. You have to get 90% or better to pass. Tired taking the C level, but can't get above 87%??? The questions are tricky, as they ask you stuff that is not discussed in the study guide....fukerz! Anyway, I love this job, and feel as if I am being paid to go to school. How awesome is that!? I am reminded of 10 years ago when I was at Duquesne working towards my degree in the Music Technology department. Unfortunately, I never finished it in that department, but transfered to Sacred Music and Organ. In hindsight, everything has worked out for the best, because now here I am, pursuing a new passion without the stress of worrying about finances. Debt free! Thank you Wendy! :-)

Seems that this Thursday is All Saints, and so the church where I sub wants me to assist with 2 of the 4 services, so that will work out, as I am not on the schedule to work. Serendipitous. This job will radically increase my income potential; it will be very helpful, at least until they hire their next music director. Wonderful thing as, for the last 30 years at this time of the year, I would be beginning my frantic push to ramp up for the holiday season. I can't tell you how incredible it feels to be out of THAT loop!

So, for today I will just work on my certifications, and lay around enjoying the peace and quiet of my life. thank God!

No comments: