Saturday, October 13, 2007

Today

Today I got up and went in to the plasma place to donate for my second time. I caused quite a stir with the office staff because I wore my hooded tunic. Boy the chilluns was all up in the back office whoopin and hollarin. It was funee.

So this time, it did not take as long, proably about 2+ hours from home, back to home. The place was not that crowded either, though.

When I got back, comcast had returned the service after having it shut off for nearly a day.

Well, next Tuesday I go to sign-on for the job with Guitar Center. I am really, really looking forward to embarking on a new career....one that is completely different than music ministry, my former, 30 year career. Now I get to try my hand at sales. I think I'll make a good salesman. Mind you, it will not be as lucrative as that which I had become accustomed to over the last 8 years in Minneapolis, but, all things being the same, I will revel in the new sense of purpose, and also in the experience of intersecting with the public in a manner in which I don't feel as if I have the upper hand, if you know what I mean.

No comments: